Yesterday’s post got so much feedback and I feel so supported. Thank you guys so much.
This is one of those in class posts that I should NOT be making.
But I have to share some love and appreciation for all the honest advice I’ve been getting.
And the title works in more than one way: I woke up this morning feeling like CRAP. When I got home last night, hungry, I had another dose of cereal and chocolate chips. In a bowl, but a tummy ache this morning came with the territory of being anxious, uncomfortable, and on the verge of change.
Sometimes a dose of honesty is what it takes to get you to check in with yourself. I’m adding some new/improved goals to my eating right now:
- Consider all foods as equal but not eat “junk” just to prove to ED that I can.
- Eat mostly real food. This shouldn’t be a goal that I have to say — it should just happen.
- Try to eat a different snack instead of relying on store bought granola bars every single day.
- Take a page from Leanne at Healthful Pursuit and figure out a way of eating that works for me.
- Focus on sharing recipes that are healthy, new, and based on nutritious ingredients.
- Notice when I’m relying on convenience food or neglecting to spend the time/energy on shopping, cooking, prepping foods that I want to eat.
- Focus on quality instead of quantity: this blog, my food, my closet. Whooh, getting introspective on you here!
- Focus on nutrients, not on calories. As much as I try to do this, I can think of situations where I fall back into that old habit of choosing something “low fat” when I have healthy real food on hand. I should be scared of franken foods, not of fuel.
Yay for resolve. I am going to head to the pool after this three hour class, I think! Then I’m hoping to see some friends and hopefully clean my apartment and have a relaxing day. This weekend is busy but there’s lots to look forward to–a “Strength Considerations for Runners” workshop at Crossfit London tomorrow, Charity Ball, and hopefully a few good swims and workouts.
The point of this post was also to share these uber cute inspiring pics from Curly Girl’s new stuff:
And an old fav.:
What is one goal you have for yourself?
What are you up to this weekend?